GRID 6 SC II – Snatch Ladder
Individuals accumulate points for their team… moving down the GRID.
The goal of the Ladder is to accumulate as many points as possible, as a team, within 2.5 minutes.
Each lane will have 4 male bars and 4 female bars. 1 of each per quadrant. The bars increase in weight moving down the GRID.
The bars in the first quadrant are worth 1 point when successfully lifted. The bars in the 2nd are worth 2 points, 3 in 3rd, and 4 in 4th.
- In each lane, only one Player at a time may be in play on the Ladder.
- No succeeding Player may leave the Start Zone to enter the ladder until the previous Player has crossed into the Finish Zone.
- A Player on the Ladder may attempt to accumulate as many points (with a maximum of 10 points) for their team as possible by choosing which bars to attempt to lift. Males may only lift male bars, females may only lift female bars.
- A Player may start anywhere on the ladder and may skip any bar, but may only move forward through the ladder. A Player is permitted only one lift attempt per bar.
- Players must alternate by gender: each Player entering the ladder must be of a different gender than the prior Player. A Player is not required to attempt a lift (may run through) as long as adhering to the gender alternation rule.
ELEMENTS BY DIVISION
FEMALE – 45, 55, 75, 85
MALE – 75, 85, 105, 120
FEMALE – 65, 85, 105, 125
MALE – 95, 120, 145, 175
FEMALE – 95, 105, 125, 145
MALE – 125, 145, 175, 200
Player must come to a fully standing position while elevating the barbell from the ground to a position directly overhead:
- in one continuous motion
- without pausing at the shoulders
Player may use any form of snatch
The snatch is counted when:
- the barbell reaches a position directly overhead
- Player’s arms and elbows are locked out vertically
- Player’s feet stationary, parallel and within a normal squat stance width
- hips fully open
- knees locked out
- heels on the ground